Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Mimosa Tree

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin


This is my Mimosa Tree.  I had wanted a Mimosa tree for years and years. 
 My ex would never let me have one "too messy" he would say.   
I love the pink fluffy blooms.
My dear sweet husband planted this for me about a year and a half ago.  
Mimosas are Deciduous and lose their leaves in the winter.
This year my Mimosa is blooming like crazy,  the foliage and blooms are so gorgeous.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Isn't it always amazing how one man's treasure can be another's trash?

Growing up in the city, there were only two trees that seemed to spring up everywhere. Nasty smelling sumacks, which would literally come up through the cracks in the sidewalks.

And the other were Mimosa trees. The Mimosa trees used to spring up all over the lawn in my other city home...and I used to wrestle with them like mad. They were sort of like bamboo if you aren't watchful they'll take over!

When I look at this picture of yours, I can see why you'd take such delight in it. But, there's a part of me that wants to shout, "Oh Grace, watch out!"

Silly, I know.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails